Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Cake

I originally got this recipe from a friend at church, Leslie.  She brought it for a potluck.  Although this dessert maintains a cake-like shape, it has a texture closer to pudding.

Blend the following ingredients & pour into a 9 x 13 pan.

1 lg can pumpkin puree
1½ t cinnamon
¾ t ginger
½ t nutmeg
½ t allspice
4 slightly beaten eggs
1 can evaporated milk
¼ t salt
1½ c sugar

Mix together and crumble over the pumpkin mixture:

½  margarine, melted
1 yellow cake mix

Bake 350F for 45 min.  Serve with ice or whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. OHHH! Is this the one your church served in abundance at a church potluck when I was staying in Lethbridge? If so, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it is. I don't ask for recipes often, but mmmmmmm . . . exceptions have to be made.

    ReplyDelete