Sunday, November 6, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

This is yet another recipe that I have fond memories of from my youth.  It is my go-to recipe whenever a roast beef meal happens the previous night.  I have made 2 minor modifications to Mum's recipe so sisters be warned.

I have happy memories of this dish when Joel lived with us on 20th Avenue.  He would get his mother's fabulous leftovers from her catering jobs.  Those made for delicious stroganoffs.  Rumour has it Montreal Steak Spice takes a roll in her roast flavour profile . . .



Saute:
1 sliced onion
1 can of sliced mushrooms, drained

Add:  

Remainder of last night's roast cut into strips
Salt & Pepper

When beef is warmed through, add:

½ - 1 cup sour cream
1 T Dijon mustard

Stir through, serve with egg noodles and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment