I found this recipe shortly after I went on mat leave with Rebecca. Regis & Kelly were having some kind of contest that was being judged by famous chefs like Emeril. One of the top 5 was this recipe, which the contestant called Chicken Ben Conti. She named it after a football player, I think. A stupid name for an amazing dish.
4 - 5 vine tomatoes, seeded & diced
10 basil leaves, shredded or cut or whatever
1 red onion, diced
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 c balsamic vinegar
5-6 strips of cooked bacon, chopped up
1 lb chicken breasts, cut in to nugget sized pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
½ pkg of angel hair pasta
• Mix tomatoes, basil & vinegar in bowl
• Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, add to tomatoes
• Mix flour and Italian seasoning
• Dip chicken into beaten egg, then dredge in flour
• Start water boiling for pasta
• Fry chicken in a little olive oil until done, then set aside. Cover in foil or place in warm oven.
• Warm up bacon in frying pan
• Add tomatoes mixture to the bacon at the same time that you add the pasta to the water. They both want to be cooked for about 3 minutes.
• Drain angel hair, add to tomatoes, turn up the heat a bit and give 'er a couple more minutes. Toss well.
• Sprinkle Parmesan over the chicken. Serve the chicken on top of the pasta.